Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released an official notification for selection examination in respect of the 2019-2020 Regional Rural Bank (RRB) vacancy for the post of Office Assistant and Officers under the Scale I, II & III. IBPS is inviting online applications only for these posts from eligible candidates for which an official application link has been posted on their website “www.ibps.in”, which is active since 18th June and will close on 4th July 2019.
The candidates have to pay a sum of money online as application fees for successful submission of their application form, which is Rs.100 for reserved category candidates and Rs. 600 for unreserved/general category candidates for both the posts. Now, let’s delve into some information in respect of the fields which are required for the posts.
All the candidates who desire to be selected for the post must fulfill all the following criteria, failing which may result in rejection of their application.
i.) Educational Qualification:
All applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree or a C.A. Degree or a Degree in Law or must be an MBA.
Must be proficient in speaking, writing and reading of the local language as prescribed by the participating RRB(s).
Working knowledge of computer will be an added advantage.
ii.) Age Limit:
For Officer Scale I (Senior Manager)- A candidate must be above 21 and below 42 years of age
For Officer Scale II (Manager)- A candidate must be above 21 and below 32 years of age
Foe Officer Scale III (Assistant Manager)- A candidate must be above 18 and below 30 years of age
For Office Assistant (Multi purpose)- A candidate must be between 18 to 28 years of age
Note 1: For detailed eligibility criteria, please refer to the official notification “https://www.ibpsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/CRP_RRB_VIII_ADVT_15_06_2019.pdf”
Note 2: Relaxation in age is per the Government Rules and Norms in this regard.
- The applicants applying for the post of Officer Scale I will have three rounds of selection i.e. Preliminary Examination,
- Main Examination and Personal Interview round. All three rounds are elimination rounds.
- The applicants applying for the post of Officer Scale-II & III will have only two rounds, which are a Single Stage
- Examination and Personal Interview round. Here too, the rounds are eliminating rounds.
- The applicants applying for the post of Office Assistant will have only two selection rounds i.e. a Preliminary Examination and Main Examination round which again will be eliminating rounds.
- Those who will clear all the rounds will be selected for the post applied for.
The Preliminary Examination for the posts of Officer Scale I and Office Assistant are scheduled to be held on-
- 03rd, 04th and 11th August for the former post, and
- 17th, 18th and 25th August for the latter post.
- The Main Examination for the above mentioned posts is scheduled to be held on-
- 22nd September for the Officer Scale I post, and
- 29th September for the Office Assistant Post.
The Single Stage Examination for the post of Officer Scale I & II is scheduled to be held on 22nd September 2019.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
Both the Preliminary and Main Examination will be objectively based and multiple choice questions, which need to be completed within the stipulated time period assigned to each section. Each question will carry 1 mark and for every wrong answer, the candidate will be losing 1/4th i.e. 0.25 of his marks.
Syllabus for Office Assistant and Officer Scale I Post:
Reasoning and Numerical Ability will be the topics for Office Assistant and Reasoning and Quantitative Ability for Officer Scale I, consisting of 40 questions for each of the posts’ Preliminary examination question papers. The exam duration is of only 45 minutes. So, the total marks will be 80 per post.
For the Main examination, the syllabus is Reasoning, Computer Knowledge, General Awareness, English or Hindi Language and Numerical Ability for Office Assistant and Quantitative Ability for Officer Scale I with no.of questions per subject being 40 and maximum marks per subject being 50, 20, 40, 40, 50 respectively. The total marks and total no.of questions come to 200, which is to be completed within 2 hours of time.
Syllabus for Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer & Specialist Cadre) & III:
The syllabus with total no.of questions and total marks for the single level examination for Officer Scale-II & III posts is as follows-
Reasoning- Total 40 questions of 50 marks and of 40 marks for Specialist Cadre only.
- Computer Knowledge- Total 40 questions of 20 marks.
- Financial Awareness- Total 40 questions of 40 marks.
- English or Hindi Language- Total 40 questions of 40 marks and of 20 marks for Specialist Cadre only.
- Data Interpretation & Quantitative Aptitude- Total 40 questions of 50 marks and of 40 marks only for Specialist Cadre only.
- Professional Knowledge only for Specialist Cadre- Total 40 questions of 40 marks.
- The total time allotted for the examination is 2 hours only and for Officer Scale-II Specialist Cadre post the total time is 2 hours and 30 minutes only.