Internal Coach Factory, Chennai under the Ministry of Railways has issued a notification in respect of Internal Coach Factory Recruitment 2019 for the Apprenticeship post under The Apprenticeship Act, 1961. The Internal Coach Factory (ICF) has already started inviting applications for this post online through its website “www.icf.indianrailways.gov.in” from 20th May 2019 which will end soon on 24th June 2019 till 17:00 hours only. This recruitment drive is to hire both Freshers and Ex-ITI candidates to fill up as many as 992 vacancies spread across various trades namely, Carpenter, Electrician, Fitter, Mechanist, Painter, Welder and Pasadena.
The applicants have to pay a sum of money online as application fees at the time of form fill up to successfully submit their application for the training. During the period of Apprenticeship Training, the selected candidates will be receiving a sum of money every month in the form of a stipend which is Rs. 5700/- in the first year and Rs. 6500/- in the second year in the case of Freshers and Rs. 5700/- in the first year, Rs. 6500/- in the second year and Rs. 7350 in the third year in case of Ex-ITI candidates. For Ex-IT, I candidates, the period of training undergone will be taken into consideration at the time of fixing the rate of stipend for them.
The official notification has clearly mentioned that this recruitment is purely for imparting Apprenticeship training and not for any employment opportunity. So, it will not have any recruitment examination, and when there is no examination then the question of syllabus or admit card does not arise. But, there are other important details which need to be borne in mind for this training, which we have explained below.
Eligibility Criteria For The Apprenticeship training:-
All the applicants i.e. freshers and ex-ITI must meet all the following eligibility criteria to stand a chance of getting selected.
1.) Educational Qualification & Training Period:
a.) For Ex-ITI–
- Fitter, Electrician & Machinist: Must have passed 10th standard with a minimum of 50 marks with Maths and Science under 10+2 system or its equivalent and must also possess a National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training in respect of 1-year training course.
- Carpenter, Painter & Welder: Must have passed 10th standard with a minimum of 50% marks under 10+2 system or its equivalent and must also hold a National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training in respect of 1-year training course.
- Programming and System Admin. Assistant: Must have passed 10th standard securing a minimum of 50 marks and must also hold a National trade Certificate in Computer Operator and Programming Assistant trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training in respect of 1-year training course.
b.) For Freshers–
- Fitter, Electrician & Machinist: Must have passed 10th standard securing at least 50% marks in aggregate with Science and Maths under 10+2 system or its equivalent. The period of Training must be 2 years.
- Carpenter & Painter: Must have passed 10th standard securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate under 10+2 system or its equivalent. The period of Training must be 2 years.
- Welder: Must have passed 10th standard securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate under 10+2 system or its equivalent. The period of training must be 1 year and 3 months.
2.) Age Limit: The applicants must be between 15 to 24 years of age as on 01.10.2019. The relaxation in age is per the Government Rules.
Documents Required At The Time of Registration:
Upload the following documents in jpg/jpeg format of size between 50-200 KB only.
- 10th standard mark sheet
- Original Birth certificate
- Community Certificate for SC/ST/OBC/EWS (if applicable)
- Employment exchange registration card
- Parent’s Identity Card/Service Certificate (if wards of Railway Employee)
- PwBD certificate (if applicable)
- ITI provisional and mark sheet NCVT/SCVT
- Passport size photograph
- Processing fee receipt
- Aadhar card
Mode Of Engagement:
All the eligible candidates will be called for a personal interview round in order of marks obtained by them in 10th standard for Freshers and in order of marks obtained in 10th standard and in ITI for Ex-ITI candidates giving equal weightage to both.
Consideration For Selection In Case of Equal Marks:
In case of two candidates in any of the two categories have the same marks then the candidate who is older in age shall be preferred. In case if the date of birth is the same too then the candidate who has passed the 10th standard examination first shall be preferred.
Allotment of Trade:
Fresher candidates will not have the power to choose a trade of his choice. They will be allotted a trade by the Administrator on the basis of the order of merit from the vacancies available at the time of registration of contracts. Once a candidate has been assigned to trade, any change of trade requests will not be entertained. Whereas, the EX-ITI will be assigned to a trade in which they have earned their ITI certificate.
Physical Fitness Standard:
All candidates must be physically fit per the criteria mentioned under the Apprentices Act, 1961. The candidates who will be selected for the training have to a medical certificate in the prescribed form at the time of document verification, which must be signed by the Government Authorized Doctor (Gazetted Officer) who is or above the rank of Assistant Surgeon of a Central/State Hospital.
Commencement of Training and Declaration:
It is expected that the Apprenticeship training will commence on any day after 01.10.2019. And that the selected candidates must submit a declaration stating that they are aware of the fact because of this mere training they do not get any right of employment in ICF / Railways in the future.
Candidates are advised to visit “https://pbicf.gov.in” for any further updates in this regard.